There’s a lot of Health Shoulds out there that, as we move forward in our health, wellness and healing journeys can start to fall short to the people we’re becoming. This week’s podcast talks about 5 health things that are often fueled by diet culture that we can let go of and stop listening to.
You can also listen in your favorite app: iTunes | Google Play | Spotify | Stitcher
Small Steps in the Show:
- Noticing it, acknowledging it when it comes up
- Thanking it
- Choosing something else that aligns more with you
- That could be facts or something that is unique to you, could just be the opposite
- Remembering that a lot of this is diet culture BS that you get to step outside of
- See where you can remove these things in our day to day- opting out of messaging, talking with people close to us about it, especially if they subscribe to this messaging
- Even if they’re not ready to hear it for themselves, it’s important to set the boundary that you don’t want to talk about it with them or be around when they do
- If it feels sticky, get curious and ask if this comes from something or someone in your life that make take a little more reflection and work to loosen from
- Practice Kindness and compassion and patience
Mentioned in the Show:
Small Steps Podcast #17 What is Diet Culture?
Follow Aimee on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Sign up for the Wellness Wednesdays Newsletter
Interested in working with Aimee? Find out information here.