In our society, it can be easy to fall into a never-ending cycle of busyness. And while you can get a lot of things done when you’re busy, being too busy for too long can have some negative effects on your health and wellbeing. This episode creates the space for you to stop, pause and check in with yourself to see how your busyness is right now and how you can give yourself the rest and nourishment you need.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Take some deep breaths (now and throughout the day)
- Check in with yourself with the questions mentioned earlier in the show.
- If you do find that you’re a bit too busy, think on what can you can add to your day to take care of yourself, see what might need to be adjusted (if things aren’t aligned with your values)
- See if you can reschedule, delegate or cancel something
- See if you can ask for help on things, if you can, see if you can get help for one thing
- Embrace and double down on the moments of quiet you do have in your day
- Create moments of active rest if you’ve cleared more space
- Try and cut down on your phone usage during active rest
- Keep checking in with yourself to see if the amount of time you’ve cleared was enough or if you need more active rest times built in
- Practice a lot of kindness and compassion for yourself
- Take note of what feeling too busy feels like in your life and in your body so you’re more aware of it next time.
Mentioned in the Show:
Buy my Enamel Pin
Small Steps Podcast #25 How Are You? A Self Care Check In
Small Steps Podcast #31 How Do You Feel? A Rest Check In
The Yellowhammer Fund
Small Steps Podcast #7 Boundaries and Asking for What You Need
Small Steps Podcast #29 Giving Yourself Permission to Ask for Help