So often we can have goals to get healthier and while we can keep some consistency for a little bit, it falls off and we beat ourselves up for not following through and “being lazy.” In actuality, those health goals can be not as deeply meaningful to us, which is why we don’t stick with them. In this episode, I talk about how you can get really clear on why you want your health goals, aligning those with your personal values and how to move forward with both of those.
You can also listen in your favorite app: iTunes | Google Play | Spotify | Stitcher
Small Steps in the Show:
- Journal out why you want this change and keep asking why you want it until you feel like you’re clear on what that is
- Do a values exercise to see what your values are
- Look at your whys behind getting healthier to your values together and see if they’re aligned
- Decide if you want to pursue getting healthier or not
- Potentially adjust your whys or just keep living your life
- If they do align, think about what you can add to your life
- Look at the bigger picture of your whole health and see what needs adjustment there too
- Choose 2-3 areas to focus on for a set period of time
- Notice and celebrate when you do catch yourself and say a new phrase
- Reach out for support from friends, family and professionals if that’s supportive and accessible to you
- Check in with yourself and adjust as needed
- Have lots of kindness and compassion for yourself
Mentioned in the Show:
Buy my Enamel Pin
Small Steps Podcast #37: Reminders about Summer + Diet Culture
Small Steps Podcast #17 What is Diet Culture?
Values Worksheet from The Small Eats Circle
Small Steps Podcast #39: Where to Start Your Health or Healing Journey
Follow Aimee on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Sign up for the Wellness Wednesdays Newsletter
Interested in working with Aimee? Find out information here.