When you’re a high performer or high functioning person, it can be really easily to work through or miss signs that your lifestyle may not be the best for your overall health and wellness. My guest today, health coach and nutritionist Kayla Nedza shares how her high performing behaviors stopped working for her and how she helps fellow high performers find a better balance in their lives.
About Kayla Nedza
Kayla Nedza is a certified International Health Coach and Holistic Nutritionist who is dedicated to helping high performing women create lasting calm with food, movement, and lifestyle through her company, Women Creating Calm. Drawing heavily from both her clients’ and personal experiences as well as her studies, Kayla presents a practical and realistic approach to stress management and performance optimization.
She also hosts the Wellness Glow Up Podcast, a weekly show devoted to helping women of color become their healthiest selves by providing the tools and knowledge to be their own health advocates. When she’s not researching, coaching and interviewing health professionals, you’ll find her weight lifting, twerking around her kitchen or watching Grey’s Anatomy.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Be kind and gentle to yourself when you’re comparing or beating yourself up
- Take a break
- Be aware of the language you’re using about yourself
- Journal things out when things are weighing on you
- Talk with someone about what you’re going through (whether that’s a friend or a mental health professional)
- Release the comparison when you notice when that comes up
- Find something that gives you joy and reach for it or create that joy and gratitude
- Drink more water (at least half your body weight in ounces)
- Make a meal out of what you have
- Add in veggies and protein into your meals
- Pay attention to what you’re eating and what you like to eat and how your body is feeling
Mentioned in the Show:
Buy my Enamel Pin
Aimée’s episode on the Wellness Glow Up Podcast
Real Food with Dana Podcast
Women Creating Calm Group
Follow Kayla on Instagram | Facebook
Listen to the Wellness Glow Up Podcast
Follow the Wellness Glow Up Podcast on Instagram