As we move forward in our lives, we can often feel lost in where we’re headed or feel stuck comparing ourselves to past versions of ourselves, even if we know they don’t ring true for us anymore. Today’s guest, health coach Shanique Allen is on the show to share her many transitions in her life and how she’s navigated growing and figuring things out with lots of kindness and experimentation.
About Shanique Allen
Shanique Allen is a health coach based in Seattle, Washington. After several big life changes, she fell into a rut, unsure how to reconcile who she once was with who she wanted to be. Shanique overhauled her mindset around her life, nutrition and health to feel like someone she wanted to be. Now, her mission is to empower other women to embrace themselves where they are, use those life experiences as fuel and build a wellness blueprint that will be as dynamic as their lives are.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Be kind and gentle to yourself when you’re comparing or beating yourself up
- Take a break
- Be aware of the language you’re using about yourself
- Journal things out when things are weighing on you
- Talk with someone about what you’re going through (whether that’s a friend or a mental health professional)
- Release the comparison when you notice when that comes up
- Find something that gives you joy and reach for it or create that joy and gratitude
- Drink more water (at least half your body weight in ounces)
- Make a meal out of what you have
- Add in veggies and protein into your meals
- Pay attention to what you’re eating and what you like to eat and how your body is feeling