Asking for help can be a big step in figuring out what works for you. And for a lot of us, before asking for help, we need to give ourselves the permission to do that. Today’s show talks about how to get clear on why asking help is a hurdle, what to do with that, and how to make to easier, through a variety of ways, to let yourself ask for help.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Get clear on why you’re resisting asking for help.
- Consider journaling on that to get the root of why asking for help is hard for you.
- Journaling questions to ask yourself:
- What is the thought/belief I have?
- Where does that come from?
- Is it mine?
- If it’s not mine, do I want to keep carrying that?
- How has this thought or belief served me?
- How has this thought of belief not helped me?
- What’s the worst case scenario if I let that go?
- What’s the best case scenario if I let that go?
- Start to let go
- Write/Say/create a post-it of a counter belief to replace the old one
- Look into how much the help you need costs and see what options are out there
- Ask the journaling questions around a possible resistance around money
- Get clear on your current finances to see where you can adjust or if you need to ask for help
- See where you can create space for the help you need and consider relistening to Small Steps #27
- Consider relistening to Small Steps #20 with Taylor Gage for mindset support
- Reach out to people you trust to get their support
- Remember you are not alone.
Mentioned in the Show:
When to Ask for Helparticle
Dr. Tee Williams
Nutritional Therapy Association
Taylor Gage of She Thrives
Small Steps #20 with Taylor Gage
Small Steps #27 How to Make Space in Your Day
Obliger from Four Tendencies