The deep, heavy fatigue that one long weekend of sleep can’t fix. A growing resentment and feeling of overwhelm with everything that you do or places you go. These are signs of burnout. Burnout is becoming more and more common as the hustle and grind culture gets more and more glorified and emphasized. Today’s guest Deirdre Jayko talks about what burnout looks like and how you can recover from and prevent from happening again.
About Deirdre Jayko
Deirdre is a writer, a lover of astrology, and an all around space nerd. When she’s not busy obsessing over planets, she’s using her platform to teach tired women how to cut the bullshit out of their lives and take better care of themselves.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Have a daily check in yourself (journaling can be an option).
- Investing money in yourself by buying something small for yourself.
- Get consistent sleep.
- Create a bedtime ritual.
- Set boundaries with people or with things.
- Don’t get too caught up in the self care industry or trend chasing.
- Keep your self care tools simple.
- Say and share how you feel, especially with the people close to you.
- Start with small things to express your feelings (Let people know you’re working on it).
Mentioned in the Show:
Season of Self Care
Get Deirdre’s Free Burnout Survival Guide
Deirdre Jayko’s Website
Follow Deirdre on Instagram
Sign up for Deirdre’s Newsletter
Not at My Desk Lunch ebook