Living from your values can make things in your life feel more aligned and more like you. From those values, it can be clear that you may need to make some adjustments and find or create new spaces that embody your values so you can share that with others. Today’s guest, Allison Tenney, shares how she did that in her own life and work, from her fitness coaching to her even, the Ignited Womxn Summit.
About Allison Tenney
Allison is the owner of Allison Tenney Fitness, LLC, an online training business built on the belief that movement and heavy lifting are empowering and fun. She is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and holds several other fitness credentials from USA Weightlifting, FMS, SFG, and RKC kettlebell certifications.
Allison combines her passion for movement and strength training with her commitment to social justice and aims to elevate the fitness profession and make it more inclusive for everybody and every body.
She is also the founder of the Ignited Womxn Summit, an annual wellness and leadership event that creates a space for learning through an inclusive lens. Her goal in creating this summit was to help womxn actively dismantle limiting narratives and systems that no longer serve them.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Take on your own learning
- Take on your own healing.
- >Consider getting help and guidance with that learning and healing.
- Find a community of people taking a similar path.
- Get clear on your values.
- Check in with your values (they could change).
- Acknowledge community is something you need.
- Show up for yourself
- Find events where you share similar values with the subject/community
- Seeing where people you follow/share values with are going for events and where they create community and who else they follow
- Support and have conversations with people in your virtual or in person community
Mentioned in the Show:
Small Steps Episode 14
Buy Tickets to the Ignited Womxn Summit 2019
Allison on the Balanced Black Girl Podcast
Allison on Harder to Kill Radio
Foundations of Social Justice Course
Dr. Tee Williams
Ignited Womxn Summit
Follow Allison on Instagram