Thinking about going gluten free or curious what it’s like to not eat gluten? This episode shares my personal journey to become gluten free, answers your questions about the gluten free life and gives you a place to start if you want to see if your body needs a break from gluten or not.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Get clear on why you want to try this
- Notice how much gluten you’re eating right now, check out The Gluten Guide
- Read ingredient labels
- Slowly eat less gluten things and add in other non-gf things- more veggies, GF grains, starchy carbs, fat and protein ratios
- Find gluten free alternatives that replace things you use often, potentially try sticking with more naturally GF things first and adding in some alternatives here or there (depending on the ingredients and your health)
- Try it out for a month or two and pay attention to the whys. Are they changing? What differences do you feel? Different or less physical or emotional feelings?
- If you don’t feel differences, try a reintroduction where you add one kind of gluten in slowly over the course of a week and see how your body feels. Notice the physical changes.
- After that phase is over, decide if you want to continue eating gluten or not, based on what works for you.
Consider working with a practitioner if you need additional gut healing
Mentioned in the Show:
The Gluten Guide
Beth Manos Brickey of <Tasty Yummies
Small Steps Podcast #1: My Healing Journey
Lisa Kara of Zinc Nutrition
>Small Steps Podcast #21: Power of Words Around Food and Food Lists
Siete Family Foods