You’ve heard that I’m a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, but WTF does that mean? This week’s show talks all about what a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner is, what they do, the philosophies I’ve learned and developed from the Nutritional Therapy Association, and the mindset shifting idea around bioindividuality and how one size/diet/approach doesn’t fit all for everyone.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Get really clear on what your whys are, get specific. Are those whys yours or someone else’s?
- What does healthy look like to you?
- Reflect on how you’re living and eating and how those feel. Does that need to adjust?
- Take an inventory of how your mind, body and soul feel.
- Food journal (if this works for you) to see what you’re eating right now and if you need to adjust what or how much you’re eating, or maybe your macro ratios.
- Zoom out and look at other lifestyle factors: stress (good or bad), sleep, activity levels, recovery time.
- Consider a Whole30, 21 Day Sugar Detox or Autoimmune Protocol if real, whole foods aren’t working for you body and you don’t know if you need to pause on any foods.
- If you’re food journaling, add in how you’re physically, mentally and emotionally feeling.
- If you’re still feeling stuck or unsure, consider working with a professional.
Mentioned in the Show:
Weston A. Price
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price
Nutritional Therapy Association
My Review of the Nutritional Therapy Association’s NTP Program
Find a Nutritional Therapist in your Area
The 21 Day Sugar Detox