Personality tests are so much more than what sitcom character you are and what your favorite cereal says about you. Personality tests can be another great tool to understand who you are, what you need, and how you show up in the world. Once you gain that greater understanding of yourself and the words around them, figuring out what works for you, what you need, and how you are can become a lot easier. I’m breaking down some of my favorite tests that have really helped me understand myself more.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Take the tests.
- Share those results with close friends, family, or your partner.
- Have them take the test or tests as well.
- Take additional tests (if you’ve only taken one).
- Look into them more to really understand what they mean.
- Reflect on what could change knowing what you know now. Do you need to let certain things go or add anything in to fit certain parts of your personality better?
Mentioned in the Show:
Season of Self Care
The Small Eats Circle
Myers Briggs Type Indicator
16 Personalities Website
Quiet by Susan Cain
Susan Cain Ted Talk: The Power of Introverts
Dear Introvert Blog
Four Tendencies By Gretchen Rubin
Four Tendencies Quiz
Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
The Five Love Languages Website
Enneagram Test (paid)
Small Steps Episode 4 with Marilene Caetano
Small Steps Episode 2 with Steph Ondrusek
The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine Aron, Ph.D
Elaine Aron’s Website
The Highly Sensitive Child by Elaine Aron, Ph.D
Empath Evaluation by Dr. Judith Orloff
Not at My Desk Lunch ebook