With the amount of busyness, neverending work or so much happening on our phones, it can be easy to forget to take the time we all need to connect with ourselves and the people we care about. In this episode I talk with Three Gems Tea, a tea company with the mission of helping you slow down to enjoy amazing tea with yourself and others in an approachable way. We talk about how they came to create Three Gems Tes, what gong fu tea is and how to connect with yourself.
About Three Gems Tea
Three Gems Tea helps you discover the magic of a shared tea break by bringing you loose leaf teas, thoughtfully designed teaware, and bite size portions of tea education. Their first collection includes a range of single origin, direct trade oolongs — from bright & grassy to dark & woodsy — and a reimagined gong fu tea set, hand painted by artisans in China’s ceramics capital, Jingdezhen. They’re making it easy to fold tea time into your daily rituals, as a delicious way to hit pause and connect with yourself and the people you care about.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Read a physical book or magazine that’s not on a screen that’s not related to your field or that’s fiction-related
- Cook creatively and intuitively for others or yourself
- Take breaks outside and be in nature
- Take a moment when you’re out to connect with yourself
- Move your body in a fun or silly way (maybe a dance class)
- Have a tea ceremony with friends or family