Dominant culture has rewritten history or made what actually happened harder to find. And as we continue our work in social justice, we’ve got to seek out this information, concepts, ideologies and more. This episode covers how to find that information, apply critical thinking as you read and search, and more. This is part two of five in a social-justice focused series.
Important Note: This series is not a substitute for any informal or formal social justice education. See the Mentioned in the Show section to see the people I’ve worked with and learned most of my social justice knowledge from.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Consider researching listicles first to find information/resources
- If overwhelmed, focus your search based on last episode
- Do your research and due diligence
- Save information in a place/form that works for you
- If you’re doing this with other folks, see if you can all gather and share things, or share what you’ve all already learned/read as resources to help each other
- Find a time to read and process this information
- Extend yourself kindness and compassion as you do this
Mentioned in the Show:
Small Steps #32 with Dr. Tee Williams
Small Steps #33 Doing the Work Part 2
Small Steps #90 Ways to “Do the Work”: Setting Up
Small Steps #75: Deciding What to Believe around Health Studies, Media + Reports
Dr. Tee Williams