Learning about social justice and understanding the systems of oppression that affect us is extremely important. And it’s just as important to take action on what you’ve learned or in light of what you’ve learned to bring about changing the systems to create something new. This episode covers how to figure out where to share what you’re learning and how to take action on what you’re learning. This is part five of five in a social-justice focused series.
Important Note: This series is not a substitute for any informal or formal social justice education. See the Mentioned in the Show section of episode 90 to see the people I’ve worked with and learned most of my social justice knowledge from.
You can also listen in your favorite app: iTunes | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
Small Steps in the Show:
- Define your spheres of influence and decided you will talk to
- Define your skill sets and decide how you will use those for social justice
- If you work for a company, consider checking in with your HR department/manager about company policies, procedures, stance, education related to social justice
- If you’re a freelancer, entrepreneur/small business owner, see how you can incorporate social justice into your work
- Start working on your listening and asking skills
- Extend yourself kindness and compassion as you do this
Mentioned in the Show:
Small Steps #32 with Dr. Tee Williams
Small Steps #33 Doing the Work Part 2
Small Steps #90 Ways to “Do the Work”: Setting Up
Small Steps #91 Ways to “Do the Work”: Gathering Information
Small Steps #92: Ways to “Do the Work”: Media and Money Audits
Small Steps #93: Ways to “Do the Work”: Your Own Care
Dr. Tee Williams
Spheres of Influence Visual Example
Employee Resource Group (ERG)s, article 1 and article 2
Follow Aimee on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Sign up for the Wellness Wednesdays Newsletter
Interested in working with Aimee? Find out information here.