Are you ready to:
step off the diet merry go round and feel more comfortable with food, especially food from your cultures?
get in touch with your body, what works for it and learn how it actually works?
look at and unlearn the beliefs you’ve been carrying about food, nutrition and what health is and live in a way that really works for you?
find what health and wellness means to you that has nothing to do with weight loss?
feel confident in your actions and decisions for your health and wellness?
Nutrition coaching can help!
As a nutritionist, I help mono and multiracial women of color get clear on what health and wellness means to them and how they can move forward with embodying that while letting go of the old stories that have kept them stuck or confused. I’m here to help uncover and bring awareness to the things that aren’t yours, share some nutrition literacy so you can understand your body more and take small steps towards what you actually want.
My books for new clients are closed for 2023.
A coaching package includes:
- 90 minute initial video call to discuss your health history, relationship with food, your challenges and goals to get clear on where we want to go together
- 45 minute bi-weekly video calls to talk about your progress, anywhere you’re stuck or need some help and share nutrition and other wellness knowledge.
- Additional practices, resources and/or activities to help you reflect, go deeper and connect and reconnect with you
- Support between calls (voice messaging and/or email)
Nutrition coaching is a minimum of a fourth month commitment. Getting clear on what you want to do, unpacking what isn’t yours and learning nutrition literacy is a process that takes time to do, feel and absorb.
what i focus on
- A holistic approach to health and wellness
- Moving away from diet culture
- Feeling more confident with food choices
- Naming the bigger things (systems of oppression, cultural “norms”) that affect our health and wellness
- Fostering self awareness and self compassion
- Nutrition literacy
- Bringing awareness to old stories and beliefs
- Returning to and embracing all parts of your cultures and identities in your health and wellness
- Taking all of this one small step at a time
what i don’t focus on
- Fat or weight loss
- Calorie or macro counting
- A set diet or way of eating
- Ways of eating that remove entire food groups, especially foods/food groups that are important to your cultures
- Fitness or movement advice
- Disordered eating diagnosis or support
- Treating or diagnosing any conditions (please consult with a medical professional)
- Coaching from a place of shame, blame or guilt
I approach our nutrition work together with compassion and curiosity as you get clear on what you want and we walk towards that. I believe in being your companion in this journey and not your guru. Read more about my approach, philosophy and values for coaching here.
Who’s a Good Fit?
It’s important to make sure working together is the right fit for you. If most (or all) of the below resonates with you, there’s a good chance we’ll be a great team.
- You’ve tried set food plans diets, resets, “clean eating” for your health, you’re confused as hell and are ready for something different
- You want to set health and wellness goals that have don’t involve intentional weight or fat loss
- You want to feel comfortable about enjoying all foods, especially foods important to you, your family and/or cultures
- You’re not in eating disorder recovery or looking for support on specific medical diagnoses
- You’re ready to look at and unpack stories that could be holding you back and start to let them go
- You find punctuating a sentence or sentiment with a swear word delightful
- You understand that oppression exists and affects us (racism, sexism, sizeism, misogyny, and and and) and want to live another way
- You believe that all bodies and identities deserve respect and are worthy.
All books for new clients are closed for 2023.
Where and when are we meeting for our sessions?
We’ll meet online via Zoom. After signing up, I’ll share a calendar for you to see available days of the weeks and times. Meeting times are available during the week in the early evening/evening, depending on your time zone.
Could this help me lose weight?
While weight and fat loss are not a focus in my practice, you might make certain changes that affect your weight and body composition as a secondary byproduct. Your weight and body composition could also stay the same.
Why don’t you offer support for folks with eating disorders?
Eating disorder support is out the scope of my practice, and I want to you to find the best possible partner for your health and wellness goals possible. If you’re looking for a BIPOC practitioner to work with on an eating disorder or disordered eating, check out this list.
Do you accept insurance?
As a nutritionist, I am not able to accept insurance.
I’m not a person of color, can I still work with you?
My practice focuses on working with mono and multiracial women of color. I’m not accepting any other clients at this time.
I have a question I don’t see an answer to here, how can I ask?
Head here to send me a message.