Getting pregnant and having a child have been described as all sorts of different things: magical, hard, rewarding, surprising, easy, difficult. It can be hard to know what it’s like going in, and how to figure out how to stay you while you’re growing a human and your body is changing. My guest today, Liz Winters, is here to talk about all of things that don’t often get talked about, how you can step outside of the expectations, reclaim your power, and reconnect with you while pregnant.
About Liz Winters
Liz Winters is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, CrossFit coach, foodie, and pregnancy & postpartum wellness expert. While pregnant with her first kiddo, Liz became overwhelmed with the sea of conflicting answers on her prenatal and postpartum questions. After giving birth, she struggled with baby blues while wading through the social media sea of “get your body back” messages.
Knowing something needed to change, she’s dedicated herself to helping moms and moms-to-be call BS on the unrealistic expectations laid before them, cultivate a healthy relationship with food and fitness, learn how to confidently navigate pregnancy and move through motherhood with ease.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Don’t wait for the pregnant person to ask for help
- Show up and be there for the pregnant or postpartum person and potentially help
- Reach out via text and let them know you’re thinking of them and their partner and not just about the baby
- Take it one breath at a time
- Pause and take a breath
- Remember transitions are temporary
- Do a body scan to reconnect with your body and mind without judgement