As womxn we’re often told to look pretty, be small, quiet and look like the girl next to us. Today’s guest, Chrissy King, is here to set the record straight on how there is another way. A way to take up space, be unapologetically you, how together, we can all work to see, recognize and support the beauty in each other’s differences and uniqueness.
You can also listen in your favorite app: iTunes | Google Play | Spotify | Stitcher
About Chrissy King
Chrissy King is a writer, speaker, strength coach, and self-proclaimed truth teller with a passion for intersectional feminism and creating a diverse and inclusive wellness industry. She has been featured in SELF, BuzzFeed, Muscle and Fitness, and Livestrong.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Journal on taking up space in a stream of consciousness style.
- Decide on one small way you can take up space and act on it.
- Take small daily wins and celebrate those.
- Share those wins with people.
- Celebrate your friends wins.
- Look at your own style/philosophy or approach and see how well it speaks to people that aren’t like you.
- Considering what steps you’re taking to make your space welcoming and inclusive to many groups of people
- Take an inventory of things you are and aren’t doing, decide what you want to address first.
- Correcting your language if you’re saying things that could be dismissive/offensive to other groups.
- Consider watching Chrissy’s Diversity and Inclusion 101 Webinar.
- This all takes time.
- It’s okay to make mistakes, not have all the answers and keep learning things
Mentioned in the Show:
Beta test Chrissy’s Power Conditioning 2.0
Chrissy’s article on taking up space
Steph Gaudreau’s article on taking up space
I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t) by Brene Brown
Shirin Eskadani of Whole Hearted Coaching
Chrissy’s Diversity and Inclusion 101 Webinar
Follow Chrissy on Instagram | Twitter
Follow Aimee on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Sign up for the Wellness Wednesdays Newsletter
Interested in working with Aimee? Find out information here.