We’re more connected than ever these days and have more access than ever to find people to listen to, follow and learn from. Which is great, and can become overwhelming. Lucia Hawley, NTP MSW joins the show to talk about the many layers of finding people and communities that resonate, letting go of those that no longer resonate and finding autonomy within ourselves.
About Lucia Hawley
Lucia Hawley, NTP MSW, is the blogger behind Essential Omnivore, the real food recipe blog and podcast that help you take the fear out of the food, one bite at a time. Lucia’s background is in rooted in the core values of social work and helping others find their food freedom.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Consider unfollowing someone/a community/group
- Check back in with yourself for a period of time and see how you feel
- Check to see if that person/community/group aligns with who you are right now
- Writing out your thoughts around the situation and reflecting on that
- Check in with your body and how you feel around keeping tabs on this person/community/group
- Remind yourself that you’re allowed to say no
- Make space for yourself to be more autonomous
- If you’re looking for autonomy around your food choices, consider looking into Lucia’s Appetite Autonomy course
- Examine where you’re come from and the systems you’re thinking in. Do you still want to hold on to those?
- Consider working with someone if you want to dive deeper or want some guidance
- Get support from someone you trust in your personal life
- Work on boundary setting
- Practice kindness and compassion for yourself
- Find the lessons in what you’ve been through
Mentioned in the Show:
Harder to Kill Radio #127 with Lucia
Listen and Subscribe to Lucia’s podcast, Essential Omnivore
Dr. Tee Williams
Foundations of Social Justice Course
Follow Lucia on Instagram