You can also listen in your favorite app: iTunes | Google Play
We hear a lot about self care these days. We’re talking more and more about our anger, especially with current events. Can they exist together within us? My guest, Marilene Caetano and I dive into how absolutely they can, why that’s important, and why anger isn’t a bad thing. We also talk about how you can start to practice more self care, and how you can change it’s name to work more for you.
About Marilene Caetano:
Marilene is a foodie, mama and feminist living in Toronto Canada. By day she is a Nurse Practitioner at a women’s health clinic where she supports women in their physical and mental health. By night she is a writer and coach who helps women take really deep care of themselves while living full out. She believes in a healthcare system that honors the mind-body connection and she dreams of the day that we can fully integrate science and psychology in providing healthcare. Describing herself as a quiet agitator who has always challenged the status quo and engaged in social justice work, her greatest challenge to date has been giving birth to and raising her daughter. She is passionate about teaching women how to live an intentional life, make an impact and feel deeply cared for all along the way.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Try a 7 minute ritual each day of whatever you feels good to you, like reading, workout, journaling, meditating, yoga, or walking.
- Try grounding, which can look like: deep breathing, smell something fragrant that you enjoy, put on hand lotion/washing your hand and focusing on that act, going to the bathroom, putting your bare feet on the ground.
- Identify triggers to figure out what made you angry and keep asking yourself why to get to the root of it.
- Consider journaling or writing practice. Start with gratitude and say WHY.
- Build skills around processing your anger.
- Reading The Dance of Anger to get more skills around your anger
Mentioned in the Show:
The Dance of Anger by Harriet Lerner, Ph.D
Marilene Caetano’s Website/a>
Follow Marilene on Instagram
Sign up for Marilene’s Newsletter
Not at My Desk Lunch ebook
Follow Aimee on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Sign up for the Wellness Wednesdays Newsletter
Interested in working with Aimee? Find out information here.