Is getting to lunch time a struggle without a snack or cup of coffee? Do you feel shaky if you don’t eat or want to take a nap right after eating? Are you tired of craving sugar all the time? This week’s show talks about what common thing could be behind all of that and one way to start to curb those signs.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Start to step away from idea what a “standard” breakfast is (google what other people eat across the world for breakfast if your logic brain needs more facts)
- If you want to start slow, have a savory breakfast 1-2 times a week to start, slowly up it over time, or if you wanna go all in, start with the work week- depends on your personality and preference
- Be prepared.
- Choose a route of what you’re going to make (left overs vs another meal) and prep that ahead of time, pack/portion it the night before if that’s helpful
- Try it for 2-3 weeks
- Pay attention to how your body is feeling- log the feelings if you need to on paper or your phone
- At the end of your experiment, see if you want to keep rocking the savory breakfast after that time, change up what you’re making/eating and keep checking in with your body
- Give yourself kindness and support
Mentioned in the Show:
Small Steps Podcast #35: 6 Steps to Stop Feeling So Hungry All the Time
Smart Smoothie Formula from Tasty Yummies
Small Steps Podcast #41: 5 Health Things We Can Start to Let Go Of
Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
Savory Breakfast recipes from Small Eats