Go go go, do more, keep going, always hustling. There are the messages we’re constantly getting and perpetuating in Western culture. Rarely are we told to really slow down and look around or rest, which can lead to feeling tired, getting out of alignment with our values, and feeling unhappy or uninspired. Today I talk about how to check in with yourself and adjust if you don’t enjoy what you’re doing.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Take an inventory of all the things you’re doing right now.
- Do you really enjoy all of these things?
- Pick 1-2 things to adjust for a few weeks and see how you feel.
- Consider trying something new.
- Check back in after a set period of time.
- Be okay with letting things go and things changing.
- Accept that just because you’re not doing them now doesn’t mean you won’t even do them again.
- Remind yourself you’re not a robot, you’re allowed to change, the things don’t define you, you define you.
- Share these thoughts and feelings with someone you trust.
- Practice lots of kindness and compassion for yourself.