So often we’re focused on adjusting imbalances and solving problems that we can forget that’s more out there than just what’s “wrong.” Noticing and celebrating the good and boosting the joy in your life is just as essential to your health and healing. Today’s guest Shirin Eskandani from Wholehearted Coaching talks about how we can embrace our joy, what joy looks like and how we can release things can that get in the way of our innate joy.
You can also listen in your favorite app: iTunes | Google Play | Spotify | Stitcher
About Shirin Eskandani
Shirin is a life coach, public speaker and writer who specializes in mindfulness and mindset work. She has been a featured wellness expert on the Today Show and Cosmopolitan Magazine. Certified by the International Coach Federation, her holistic approach to transformation is influenced by her background in guided meditation, spirituality and the arts.
Prior to building her successful coaching business she was an award winning opera singer, performing at Carnegie Hall and The Metropolitan Opera. She is the co-founder of Brown Girl Brunch and has collaborated with companies including the Assemblage, Soho House, Maha Rose, 109 World, and Splendid Spoon.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Celebrate something in your life every single day
- What can you savor, celebrate and enjoy about your day?
- Give yourself props
- Celebrate with something fun like a dance party or whatever brings you joy
- Try not to downplay your achievements
- Acknowledge yourself
- Claim your needs
- Practice Stop, Pause and Savor, try 3 times a day to start
- Try the reframe “I’m going to expect everything to go well, and I can handle it if something comes up”
- Embrace that breaking down worry takes patience and time
- Write down all your worries and see if these are things you take take action on or if they’re ego or fear
- Ask yourself some questions around your worry and see what parts of you need some extra attention, care or love
- Ask yourself if the worry is true? Is it absolutely true?
- You are not your thoughts, you don’t have to believe every thought you have
- DM/reach out to someone you like on Instagram
- Find an event to go to and consider going to alone
- Get clear and specific on your intentions
Mentioned in the Show:
Ignited Womxn Summit
Brooke Castillo’s podcast, The Life Coach School
Brown Girl Brunch
Small Steps #18 with Chrissy King
Small Steps #16 with Allison Tenney
The Glow Up Retreat
Wholehearted Woman, Shirin’s coaching program
Follow Shirin on Instagram
Follow Aimee on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Sign up for the Wellness Wednesdays Newsletter
Interested in working with Aimee? Find out information here.