Your entire life doesn’t need to revolve around the numbers on the scale, your clothes, or on calorie counting apps. But if you don’t know another way, it can be a little scary. My guest Steph Gaudreau talks about how focusing on your health too much can impact your whole life, and could prevent you from being healthy and truly happy.
About Steph Gaudreau
Steph Gaudreau is a holistic nutritionist, weightlifting coach, mindset maven, author, podcast host, cold brew lover, and Lord of the Rings nerd. She believes women have the right to be strong and take up space because the world needs our voices. Liz Lemon is her shero.
Small Steps in the Show:
- Try listening to you body, which can look like a body scan (Sit quietly and notice where you feel tension, tightness, or anything).
- Acknowledging it’s okay to feel whatever you’re feeling.
- Check in with yourself and see if you’re okay with not losing “that last X lbs.”
- Practicing gratitude even when life is hard.
- Get some sunlight in the morning for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Zoom out and look at the big picture with how you’re eating what you’re eating.
- Get your body in relaxed state with deep breaths.
- Be present while you’re eating and just focus on eating while you’re eating.
- Chewing food well, try for at least 30 chews.
- Slow down your eating.
Mentioned in the Show:
Beth Manos Brickey
Between Meals Podcast
Harder to Kill Radio
The Core Four
Nutritional Therapy Association
Harder To Kill Club Facebook Group
Steph Gaudreau’s Website
Follow Steph on Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Sign up for Steph’s Newsletter
Not at My Desk Lunch ebook